Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
in New York State
No Win No Fee!
GET A FREE CONSULTATION
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycles, unlike automobiles, lack the weight and safety features that prevent injury to individuals who are involved. Air bags and/or seat belts are not available to offer any type of protection in the unfortunate event of an accident. This fact results in about 80 % of motorcycle accidents that end in either death or serious injury. Recently studies have shown that about 70% of accidents that involved a motorcycle were the result of automobile drivers not being able to see the motorcyclist until it was too late. Other factors may also add to causes of a motorcycle accident:
- Driving at unsafe speeds
- Poor and/or limited visibility
- Influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Poor Road Conditions
- Skill of the rider
- Weather Condition
Motorcycle injury cases are usually complex. Accident victims require the counsel of litigators who are experienced in dealing with the bias that bikers often face from law enforcement officers investigating the accident, insurance adjusters, and juries.
What to do after a Motorcycle Accident?
- Immediately Call 911 for help and report the accident.
- File an accident report with the police, sheriff, highway patrol or a local agency. DO NOT leave the scene of accident without making a report because that may jeopardize your case.
- Write down the name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number and driver’s license number of any and all persons involved in the accident. Record names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Obtain photographs of the accident scene, all vehicles involved (before repairing) and any visible injuries to the parties involved, such as cuts, bruises, and scars.
- Do not discuss the accident or your injuries with anyone, with the exception of your doctor and your attorney.
- Do not consent to a recorded statement or sign any document without first reviewing it with your attorney. Innocent statements made by you attempting to assist an insurance adjuster can easily be misinterpreted and used to deny or minimize your recovery.
- Immediately seek medical attention and tell your doctor the nature and extent of your pain and injury, and how the injury occurred. Something that looks like a minor injury at that moment can be life threatening if not taken care of properly.
- To file a no fault application you have 30 days from the date of accident if you fail to file within that time period, you may not be able to obtain no fault benefits.
There is a due process of law to be followed, starting with filing a lawsuit. The lawsuit intends to cover the cost of damages caused to the victim. If you have questions that Who will pay your:
- Medical Bills?
- Property Damage?
- Lost Wages?
- Pain and Suffering?
A car accident happens in an instant, but the physical, emotional, and financial effects can follow you and your family for years…
Every year, thousands of people are killed or sustain serious injuries in accidents involving commercial trucks…
Every day, numerous pedestrians are injured on New York City’s streets, crosswalks, parking garages and subway platforms…
Throughout New York City, bicycling is on the rise. More than just a source of recreation, many New Yorkers…
Would you prefer to call us today for your FREE CONSULTATION?